Changing Items

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #59 by Relos
Changing Items was created by Relos
Note: This comes from my post at subspace.co/index.php?/topic/28-changing-items . However, the window time for editing there is currently 5 minutes after the original post, they don't currently have post preview, and formatting messed up somehow before I could figure out why (before 5 minutes after I originally created the topic, at least).

My Changes

As we all now know, HS is dead. I shall guess, other than for the rest of Continuum being dead, is that certain things could use more "playable" settings. "Playable" is that, one people would play in! Noting this, I thought of what I could change, and at first, I thought it was some mounts.


OLD
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


NEW
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Ah, but you say, "Everyone and their non-thoring momma will have x2 Close Combat"? Well, not to fear, we'll make a better competition with...

OLD
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


NEW
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


With this more defensive types would surely consider the use of a portal instead. Maybe x2 this, x1 of Close Combat and x1 this, or just old-fashioned x2 Close Combat... (it got bursts after all) Now, as for thors... introducing... the Thor Mount item type! Arguably more well deserved then the Repel Mount item type, ships shall be restricted to 2 Thor Mount item types per ship. Even Combo Mount will get this classification, allowing it to get its thor back, thanks to this change, while nerfing its requirement for pinnicle level thoring.

OLD
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


NEW
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


OLD
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


NEW
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Ah yes, what about Decoy System? After all, it seems like rockets are missing (except from Combo Mount)...

OLD
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


NEW
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


I don't want Combo Mount to be too good, which is why I removed the Repel Mount item type. You see, why have the only way to get top bursts, or top repels, is by having Combo Mount? Just like putting the Thor Mount item type on it, I want Combo Mount's point to be diversity, not superiority.

Converters allow the main way to get 3 repels, or 3 bursts. Having Combo Mount be a requirement on top of that is, to me, unnecessary. Plus, Combo Mount has a thor again. If we consider the potential of Combo Mount in the hands of good players/teams, we don't want a new reason to nerf mounts again.

Oh right, the other reason for the removal of the Repel Mount item type: Thors. At the higher levels of ship building thors can become more and more nasty in the hands of good players. We can try to help out with this problem by allowing the option for players to exceed the amount of repels they have compared the potential amount of thors, per ship. So you would be able to have 3 repels to stop 2 thors... this should help.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Relos.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Subspace Forum